Propane gas is a non-toxic, colourless and odourless gas, like butane, is an LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), usually stored in red Calor LPG cylinders / Bottles. Can be sold as a new bottle or we can refill an existing one.
Mainly used for Cooking, heaters (patio & fireplaces) outdoor lamps, commercial equipment like forklift trucks and tractors.
At Solent Bottled Gas Supplies we can provide you with primus 2000 and 2012 cylinders, Calor Propane gas bottle in sizes 3.9kg, 6kg, 13kg, 19kg and 47kg and Calor lite. Also 12kg and 18kg automotive Gas, all with free delivery to Portsmouth, Fareham, Southampton, Eastleigh, Havant, Cosham, New Forest, Waterlooville and Winchester.
Please Note: New cylinders (those for which you have no suitable exchange) are subject to a £34.00 hire charge known as the cylinder refill agreement
Using Propane Gas cylinders safely.
- Location Don’t use propane cylinders indoors at domestic premises or in high rise flats where a piped gas supply is prohibited and ensure there is an adequate supply of fresh air where the appliance is being used.
- Cylinders/bottles read instructions and labels on the bottle or cylinder before use. Handle with care and do not use if the valve is damaged always use in the upright position. Try to change cylinders when empty out of doors where possible and taking care when lifting cylinders not to cause damage.
- Equipment Ensure appliances are clean and regularly serviced, only connect propane gas bottles or cylinders using recommended regulators or connectors.position. Don’t try to force any connection or modify the equipment in any way and don’t try to disconnect or unscrew a regulator if the flame does not go out when the cylinder handwheel is turned off.
- Pressure keeps the cylinder cool, as heat will build up pressure inside the cylinder exceeding the safe limit. Also, don’t store in cellars or underground as the gas is heavier than air and if it leaks it will collect and be dangerous in the presence of a flame or spark.
- Access Don’t block the access to the cylinder within the appliance.